Monday, March 9, 2015

Inner Suzie: guava puree



So I'm staying true to my goals and have been learning so many things.  I took a sewing class and learned the basics.  I will eventually take another class to learn the more heavy duty stuff.  

I also am taking a cake decorating class.  That class is FFFUUUNN!!  I learned how to frost cupcakes in different styles.  This coming week I'm supposed to bring a cake in and decorate it.  I can choose 2 different kinds of buttercream frosting.  

As I was shopping for groceries I noticed that guavas were for sale. Coming from Hawaii I grew up with guavas.  Needless to say I bought a box and decided that guava buttercream was to be one of my frostings.


Guava puree:

1 lb. of guavas
1 cup sugar
water





I quartered my guavas put them in a pot of water, enough for them to be a bit covered. 
After water boiled, I set it aside to cool before putting into my blender.
I then pureed the guavas in my Magic Bullet and strained out the seeds.  


I put the strained puree back in a pot and put it on medium heat.  I added the sugar slowly and stirred and tasted as I went to make sure I had the right sweetness.  


It was amazing! I refrigerated it so I could use it for future buttercream frosting endeavors!  Stay tuned!

1 comment: