Friday, March 20, 2015

Already thinking about Halloween


For those who know me, I'm a nut when it comes to Halloween.  I love it.  I love that everyone, and I mean everyone, can escape who they are for a day and become someone else or something else.  I used to love dressing up when my husband and I were dating, but when we had kids it took on a completely different turn.

I have a thing for group costumes.  I had these dreams and got to see some of them come true, thanks to my family who allows me to torture them with the costumes I make.  But when it's time to share them with the community, they thank me later.  Well, at least my husband does.


2013, Scarlett's first Halloween:  The Smores Family 


2014, Scarlett's 2nd Halloween, (Me pregnant with Simone)
The Ice Cream Family


The ice cream truck and Scarlett's portrayal of the ice cream (wo)man was amazing and everyone truly loved her costume.  It is seriously going to be really hard to top that idea.

I'm coming up with a few ideas here and there, but nothing concrete.  I need to stop setting the bar so high.  I can't keep up with myself!  I sometimes curse at myself for not just wanting to buy a store bought costume and be done with it.  It's too much fun to have people look at your costume, smile, and strike up a friendly conversation with you for a few minutes.  Plus I have to do it now before my kids grow an opinion and all they want to do is dress like a damn princess every year.  I got a couple more years, a few with Simone, before anything like that happens.





No comments:

Post a Comment