Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Recipe Relish

This past Christmas I got so many wonderful gifts.  One gift especially was one from my sister.  She's always so giving with my daughters, I wasn't expecting anything from her.  But I opened the present addressed to me and saw my mom's old cookbook.  I remember this cookbook from my childhood.  We used to make a bunch of recipes from it and brought back sweet memories. My mom is no longer with us so this gift meant the world to me.


Mom used to work at this hotel.  There are some great local dishes in this gem.


I even added a recipe.  This was my handwriting from (I'm guessing) 6th or 7th grade.
I remember making this recipe too. I have no idea where I got it from though.


This book is so loved!  Look at all the stains on the pages!  You can tell
what recipes we made more than once.

I was so happy to have gotten this book.  It's not just a cookbook.  It was like having my mom here with me in Illinois, and in my kitchen.  I miss her terribly.

On top of all the wonderful things I want to do that I posted on a previous blog, one of them was to cook a lot more.  Unfortunately my husband and I are complete polar opposites when it comes to food on top of the fact that he is an extremely picky eater.  No fun slaving over the stove when I'm the only one that will eat what I make.  But restrictions are no longer going to hold me back from doing what my heart desires!  I'm going to cook away!  I have two girls and in-laws that are a little more adventurous in the food department.  Plus there's always family get togethers.  Stay tuned for some recipes to come!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome gift! I'll be over to taste test these recipes!!! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete