Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Beautification Beginnings

I always thought that taking care of yourself just happened.  I mean, you get up, shower, brush your teeth, brush your hair and the rest just happened.  Sure, I put on some lotion and some eyeliner every once in a while and out the door I went.  

I grew up in Hawaii, in the hot weather where putting on makeup meant it would just melt off in a half hour.  I was also an athlete.  I never really needed makeup or skin care.  My Filipino-Hawaiian heritage blessed me with smooth caramel skin.  That way of thinking seeped into my adult life.

It wasn't until I was 19 or 20 years old did I notice I needed to change. I moved to Illinois and the cold weather dried up my skin.  As a starving flight attendant I could barely afford to eat, let alone splurge on skin care or makeup.  Even 15 years later, I have a hard time spending the money necessary to maintain a healthy, beautiful look.  Being a woman is expensive!!!  The facial cremes, lotions, foot care, nail/hand care, foundation, blush, concealer, eyeshadow, makeup brushes, eyebrow maintenance, haircuts and styles, clothes...shoes!!  I mean, C'MON!!

But the fact that I'm 35 (soon to be 36) and have never learned the basic beauty tips a woman needs to know,makes me want to start taking care of myself the way I should have a couple decades ago.  I've always envied women who looked so put together.  Now it was way overdue for me to be part of those women.

I got a $50 gift card to Ulta from my mother in law.  Needless to say, $50 doesn't get you much, but at least it got me things I needed.  I purchased some foundation, concealer, eyeliner and some skin cream, which should be coming in the mail soon. Then it dawned on me that I have a ton of products that I have either bought or was given to me over the years.  These items will be a good start to the goal that I have for myself.


Look at all the nail polish I own!  Who would have known!  
Some aren't even open!

Of all the products I have, these I can use on a daily basis.


Jackpot!  I couldn't believe the things I had and haven't even touched! Shame on me!   I've been doing some research on a bunch of self care stuff and have decided to start a morning and evening routine to keep me on the right track.


Cocoa butter.  This brand is super cheap and probably won't be using again after this bottle.  It doesn't hydrate enough and I end up reapplying more often than I should.

My poor tootsies will thank me for taking care of t hem more.  True blue is a decent product.  The round container is cream for cracked heels. 

I love this product.  I bought this at a Mary Kay party a friend was having at her house.  This is satin hands.  It truly leaves my hands super soft and hydrated.



The tub is the Awaken sea salt scrub by Arbonne.  
I got this at an Arbonne party I had hosted to help out my friend who is a distributor.  I love the way this product feels after I get out of the shower.  I'm as smooth as a baby!  
The orange bottle is eye serum.  I put this on my dark circles and the outside corner of my eyes.  


I got this product at my baby shower. It's called Skinny Girl Soothing Body Oil.  It is a mixture of almond and coconut oil.  I have not used this product yet but I'm looking forward to it.  It is said that these oils can remove dark discoloration of the armpits (which I unfortunately have).  Sweet, cuz it's pretty embarrassing.


I love these Biore strips.  It's amazing how many blackheads I have in my face.  I do get great satisfaction looking at the strip at what was removed.  Kinda gross, but at least it's not in my face anymore.

I should be ashamed for not using my Maderma the way I should.  After having Scarlett my stretch marks weren't that bad.  But after Simone, the stretch marks have become more prominent.  I need to buy more.


This is a start. It's kinda sad and pathetic that I have the means to get started but continue to be lazy and content with being kind of a frump.  I've used some of these products before, but sporadically.  Don't know why not consistently.  But this is the start of something awesome! My body will thank me for sure!    


No comments:

Post a Comment